Workplace diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives continue to gain traction in the United States. The past few years have highlighted many of the racial, social, and economic disparities in this country, and companies across nearly every industry are stepping up to the plate to improve representation in leadership, staffing, and procurement.
Equitable access to opportunities for individuals of different races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, and veteran status is critically important to both addressing systemic injustice and to the health and growth of our society as a whole.
Here are 10 statistics for 2022 you should know about the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for businesses, what improvements are being made, and where work still needs to be done.
- Companies with high gender diversity on the executive level are 25% more likely to have higher-than-average profitability.
- About one third of companies require diversity, equity and inclusion training for their employees, and about 34% offer this type of training for managers.
- The majority of job seekers (3 out of 4) prefer companies that value diversity.
- Diverse companies have 2.3 times more cash flow per employee.
- About 35% of HR leaders say that diversity, equity and inclusion are among their top five priorities.
- Nearly 1 in 5 U.S. businesses are minority-owned.
- Ethnically diverse teams outperform others regarding financial performance by 33-36%.
- Diverse companies are 70 percent more likely to capture new markets.
- . Companies that embrace diversity are nearly 1.7 times more innovative than their less diverse counterparts.
- About 23% of Black and 24% of Latino workers experienced job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Datalou is the only supplier diversity management system with over one million suppliers with specific capabilities in advertising, marketing, communications, and media. Our robust tracking and reporting system helps you document spending and sourcing efforts, manage certifications, and share data with stakeholders.